GOOD day!!

Its my nature to be grouchy, but I have to make a choice
to have a
great attitude no matter what comes my way!
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, kindess, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."
Galations 5:22





Sunday, September 2, 2012

Youthfulness

“Youth offers the promise of happiness, but life offers the realities of grief.” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Rescue  

This is a great quote, I remember so much hope and promise and joy in my youth. We just fewer demands, and a different perspective on life. Lately I have found myself stuck in the realities of life. It has been more grievesome than anything with all the recent pressures we've had to endure.

But recently we have found ourselves in the midst of some really cool college aged people. It has been so filling to be around these guys. I've recently realized that I/we need a little more YOUTH in me/us. I mean, we might as well enjoy our youth now, we'll never be younger than we are. We are only 33&34 for crying out loud.

Anyway, we recently went on a double date with a younger couple. This couple knows how to have fun and they sure do love Jesus and life. It was SO refreshing to go out with these two.

We picnicked on the river, did some major paddle boarding, enjoyed some frozen yogurt afterwards. 

"Thank you Lord for our younger friends who are so full of zeal. I pray that we can give them something in return. Amen."

No comments: