GOOD day!!

Its my nature to be grouchy, but I have to make a choice
to have a
great attitude no matter what comes my way!
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, kindess, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."
Galations 5:22





Friday, February 27, 2009

Consequences of Sin

(This is a picture of one of my journal entries. Below is typed out what was written in that entry.)

Recently, in my sin (anger) I threw a bottle of glass cleaner and broke it.
Is anyone out there surprised that I'm a sinner? :)

I really don't throw things often, but that day I was so mad- I just threw the closest thing to me which happened to be the poor bottle of glass cleaner. I put it away on the shelf after piecing it together and forgot all about it. A few days later, I got it off the shelf to use it and remembered its broken. To use it now, you have to hold the body of the bottle and the head of the bottle at the same time and somehow manage to squeeze the trigger. It will only give a trickle of spray- when it use to spray a nice V shape.

In my flesh, I decided to put “Glass Cleaner” on my grocery list, even though I still had a little less than half a bottle of it- I just wanted a NON broken bottle. At the store, I felt convicted. I felt I must continue to use my cleaner until its all gone. Regardless of the brokenness- I must suffer the consequences of my sin.

For a few days now, I have been mindful on how we must own up to our sin- confess our sin, and deal with the outcome of our sin. (1 John 1:8-10)

One of my favorite stories is “Once there was a man who had decided to jump off the top of a 25 story building to end his life. After he jumped, and was falling to the ground, he realized he made a mistake. He repented and pleaded with God for forgiveness. The Lord immediately replied with “Yes, you are forgiven..now- I will see you here in a minute.” What a perfect representation of how sin works.

When I sin, I must see the error of my ways- seek forgiveness, and be washed new, and live with whatever the aftermath. In my case- it was a broken glass cleaner bottle.

I love what the Word says in Proverbs 13:15 in the Contemporary English version. Sound judgment is praised, but people without good sense are on the way to disaster.


Can you think of a time in your life that sin caused some kind of outcome? What was the outcome? How did you deal with it?



1 comment:

kathy Strickland said...

Good post! It is like the Psalmist said:"My sins are before me night and days..."

When we own up to that sin and confess it and are truly broken before our Father, the Enemy has not power over us or our life.

We may have to deal with consequences of that sin, but no longer do we have to be bound to the behavior or act of the sin for we have received forgiveness and redemption through the Blood of Christ.

I most definitely can relate to your post!