GOOD day!!

Its my nature to be grouchy, but I have to make a choice
to have a
great attitude no matter what comes my way!
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, kindess, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."
Galations 5:22





Saturday, July 28, 2007

A way of life????

I compare this picture to the one Kat posted in the very beginning.










This picture was taken inside the qualis we (me, my husband, our children, and some team members) were in. It was temporarily parked at a stop light. This girl, maybe 8, the same age of my daughter who was also in the car, came to our window. She was begging for money. We've seen lots of beggars for its a way of life in India but this was much worse. If you notice below in the zoomed in picture, her left hand has blood all over it.



















Again, at the stop light, this girl comes up to our window, and puts her hand right in our faces. My girls (ages 8 and 7) get a glimpse, then my husband quickly diverts their attention. With the lights que, our driver drives off, and a team member quickly takes a picture as we drive away from this precious girl.

Did you know its not uncommon for a child to be beaten or staged to make them objects of greater pity in order to recieve more money? This girls innocence has been robbed by such a crooked system. Whether the blood was fake or not isn't the issue, it was clearly intentional for this girl to appear hurt.

I just felt compelled to share this picture with all of you. I just feel we must make this known. People must know these things really are reality in far away nations. In agony, I think of this girl constantly-and I pray for her.
Will you join me today and pray for this girl too? And pray for justice for the hurting children in this nation.

2 comments:

LJ said...

that picture breaks my heart.

LJ said...

oh, i'm not a blogspot blogger as it appears. i'm over at bamboosong.wordpress.com