GOOD day!!

Its my nature to be grouchy, but I have to make a choice
to have a
great attitude no matter what comes my way!
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, kindess, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."
Galations 5:22





Thursday, August 9, 2007

Confession.....













I have a fear of bridges
. I do. And I can manage it well.

But recently, there was a major bridge that collapsed and its all in the media. Which I think brought back some legitimate fears.

Well, I have been forced several times to drive over a bridge that goes over a lake this past week. I find myself going 10-15 over the speed limit just to get over the forever long bridge.

My mind ponders what my plan would be if the bridge collapses and my car falls into the water. By the way, do you think car seats float? Hmmm.

Anyway, I thank God for stretching me. Sending me over that bridge, to work out that fear, because after all, the spirit of fear has all the power I will relent to it.

Can anyone relate? Bridges might not do that to you, but maybe spiders? Or men? Or airplanes?

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I have actually rolled down my windows going over a bridge so that just in case something happens we could swim out. I can't think of any one particular fear but it seems to be larger when I deal with my children. It is so hard to let go and put them in God's hands.

Brian and Becca said...

I am also so afraid of bridges, especially the ones in big cities that curve....and after the wreck it only got worse. I am also working on that fear, though, when the bridge collapsed and just a short time before that a bridge in Waco had a whole fall out of it, it made me just all that more nervous. I actually have dreams about driving off of bridges....big, big fear. I thought that was my only big fear, but after this weekend I think I would have to say wasps.

kddub said...

That is scary, hopefully you don't have to live near a bridge to do that routinely.

I have a major fear of snakes, I'm totally terrified of them. I don't know what I'd have to do if I HAD to confront them multiple times in a day, as you had to do with the bridge. Glad you felt like God was stretching you, that is good.

Tressa said...

Proverbs 29:25
"Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe."