GOOD day!!

Its my nature to be grouchy, but I have to make a choice
to have a
great attitude no matter what comes my way!
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, kindess, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."
Galations 5:22





Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Heartbroken......

Ive been following a blog by a woman that has truly inspired me. This woman named Licia works endlessly in a Rescue Center in Haiti that houses around 60 children that are sick and suffering from severe forms of malnutrition.

Today, a sweet little girl named Chabina died. She came in the center several days ago at 6 months old weighing only 10 pounds. She gradually got sicker and died.

So Licia posted on her site today the sad news of Chabina's death. Although she doesnt understand, in her agony she chooses to profess that God is good. She qoutes Psalm 28:6-86.

6 Praise be to the LORD,
for he has heard my cry for mercy.

7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.

8 The LORD is the strength of his people,
a fortress of salvation for his anointed one

I cant stop thinking about how much faith this woman has. And also how much this lady gives. Even though she is in such agony- she must continue on.

I am reminded of James 2: 14-26. It talks about faith and deeds.


14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless 21Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness, and he was called God's friend. 24You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

25In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

May we all be inspired by Licia and just like her, put our faith into action.

Licia's website is http://haitirescuecenter.wordpress.com/ Please stop by her site and encourage her.

Also, Kayla and Emily will be doing a Fundraiser soon to benefit this rescue center. Stop by soon to read more about it.



No comments: