GOOD day!!

Its my nature to be grouchy, but I have to make a choice
to have a
great attitude no matter what comes my way!
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, kindess, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."
Galations 5:22





Wednesday, July 8, 2009

LOVE- the most important ingredient

Today, I was called a "Betty Crocker" by a friend, she mentioned I was maybe even better than Betty. TO be honest, I love to cook- and what I cook might taste good, but it doesnt always look magazine perfect. Im not good at drawing lines, or making perfect cuts and such.

I shared the story with my friend about the two little girls staying with us. Today I decided we would make homemade pizzas. One girl gapsed, "you can make a pizza?" So we got out the premade crusts, the sauce, grated the cheese, and cooked the grease out of the pepperonis. We then sat and everyone had a job to putting the pizza together. (spreading the sauce, sprinkling the cheese, putting on the pepperonis) Once the pizza was put together, I infromed them that we saved the most important ingredient to put on for last----love. I made everyone sprinkle their love over the two pizzas.

We cooked the pizzas, let them cool, cut them up and served them on everyones plates. At the table while we were eating, one of the sweet girls said "This pizza is the best, its because of all the love we put in it!" At that moment, I realized, we are better cooks than Betty Crocker- because we cook with love.

No comments: