GOOD day!!

Its my nature to be grouchy, but I have to make a choice
to have a
great attitude no matter what comes my way!
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, kindess, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."
Galations 5:22





Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Intoxicating Love

Proverbs 5 says
"Drink water from your own cistern, running water from your own well.
Should your springs overflow in the streets, your streams of water in the public squares?
Let them be yours alone, never to be shared with strangers.
May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
A loving doe, a graceful deer— may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be intoxicated with her love."



I really like this passage. The water spoken in this passage resembles love. I don't think it's talking about a neighborly type of love but about a passion-intimate intoxicating type of love that's shared between a husband and wife.

This precious love cannot be shared and isn't meant to overflow in the streets. I think of a family in the olden days who had a well as their water source. They had worked hard to maintain these waters, for it to overflow into the streets would be wasteful and devastating I'm sure!!

My and Joels love is to be drank by only Joel and I. It would only be wasteful and devastating if we ever shared with others.

I like even more that the passage ends with "May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer— may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be intoxicated with her love."

God doesn't give us these first instructions about keeping our love within our marriage because He is a controlling God and doesn't want us to have pleasure and fun. It's entirely the opposite!

He wants SO much more for us in our marital love! He created this passion-intimate intoxicating type of love that's shared between a husband and wife. It is GOOD and healthy and right!

He is blessing my and Joels love when His Word says "may your fountain be blessed, may we ever be intoxicated with our love!"

:)

Just makes me wanna go have some love!!

No comments: