GOOD day!!

Its my nature to be grouchy, but I have to make a choice
to have a
great attitude no matter what comes my way!
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, kindess, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."
Galations 5:22





Sunday, February 10, 2008

A nightmare.....

I woke myself up a little after midnight from my own agonizing crying.

I was in the middle of a nightmare.

It had been three days and my two baby boys were still missing! Joel and I had left them both in the car while they were sleeping, the car doors were locked. Someone stole the car, and took our two precious boys with them. There was no sign of the car or our boys. And it was day 3. The reality had sunk it that I couldnt care for my babies, were their needs being met? Had they eaten? Have they had diaper changes? I couldnt hug and comfort them, The dead weight reality of lack of control as a mother for my children was so unbearable that I bursted into this overwhelming cry out of my gut.

Which is what woke me up. It took me about 5 minutes to regain my emotions after my husband kept reassuring me it was just a dream. I checked on my boys and realized everything was okay. BUT I just couldnt go back to sleep. And I couldnt stop thinking about how real my feelings were.

Then I began to realize that my nightmare is unfortunatly a reality for some people. In this world, even in our country, and in my state, children are being abducted. I went to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children website and was overwhelmed by the amounts of missing children.







Half of me wanted to click out of the site, and ignore that there is such a thing, its that self-defense mechanism we all have to ingore and push away the things that hurt. But instead I chose to push on and look at the children missing in my area. It hurt, and I can only imagine the hurt the parents and family must be feeling.

I am writing this post to encourage you to go visit the website just as I did. At least we can look, and try to keep a visual in our minds, because you never know what kind of opportunity we might have to help a missing child. OR we can even pray over the children and their families. There is also more you can do to get involved. Click here to find out more. Above is icon for National Center for Missing & Exploited Children website, just click on it and it'll take you to the site.



BTW.. I felt this post was so important, I posted it on both my sites.

No comments: